Sunday, December 30, 2012

Last Minute Collection Entrees!

Gift card from Christmas means one last collection boosting before the year ends.  

 

Darkwing Duck for the NES, based on a cartoon show that Disney put out in the 90s.   I remember the show quite well from when I was a kid; however I only recently found out that there was an NES game for it.    Now much like many Disney games for the NES put out by Capcom during this time, is game is actually extremely solid for a shooting plateformer.   The animation matches the series pretty well, the controls are extremely solid, and it’s actually more fun then I was expecting.


Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest for the NES, now in general this game is known for being almost impossible to complete without some kind of walkthrough not really due to the difficult but the translations resulting in character dialogue that is extremely unclear and confusing.   Still I find myself enjoying the game a lot regardless of the games numerous flaws though a lot of this may be due to the fact that we did have a player’s guide for the game from Nintendo Power before we played the game so I guess we experienced less of the overall frustration.   
 
 

Batman for the NES, though only slightly based on the original Tim Burton movie, it is commonly viewed as a classic on the NES, though today was the first time I’ve ever actually played it.    I don’t really have much to say other then all of the good things people has said about it in the past are entirely true.   Though I can’t beat the first stage at the moment, NES hard, there is a reason this term exists. 
 

Adventure Island 3 for the NES, this was the game I was actually looking for earlier in the year when I accidently purchased the original.   Compared to the original I like this one much more and even when test playing it, I ended up playing it for much longer then I usually do with these kind of things.   One thing I will say, this is probably the best condition game I have ever purchased from a used game store such as Gamers, I see almost no flaws in the cartridge or even the labeling.   Though not really all that important considering the condition many of these kinds of games has, it’s always nice to see something in extremely good condition
 

Kingdom Hearts for the Playstation 2, even as an RPG fan I have not played any Kingdom Heart games at this point though I have been told many times by people I know that I must play this series at some point and now I shall.   Not much to say since I’m new to the series but here it is.   

So this ends the collecting for this year, in the next couple of days I’ll be putting up my 2012 collection album so please take a look when I do ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment